Are you interested in writing about music and gaining some bylines along the way? If so, you should consider signing up to be a Guest Contributor for Music To My Ears!
While writing for our non-profit blog is always completed on a volunteer basis, the position does come with the following benefits:
- Bylines on each piece you write.
- Complete ownership of all content.
- Opportunities to volunteer in SEO, website design, social media marketing, and more.
- Ability to write as little or as much as you want to after your first post.
- You get to write about something you love!
- The ability to list MTME for job experience on your resume, LinkedIn, etc.
- A letter of recommendation, job reference, or client review from the blog if needed.
- The opportunity to have your work shared across all of our social properties as well as the Founding Editor’s social pages if desired.
- Opportunity to hear about current openings for paid freelance opportunities from the Founding Editor on occasion. I like to recommend strong talent to clients that trust my opinion.
In case you’re interested, here are some of our current SEO rankings via Ubersuggest:
The only requirements for the position are as follows:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Follow a brief style guide.
- Contribute one piece within one month of joining the team.
- Write your own posts within WordPress for editor review.
- Create posts on music topics (reviews, spotlights, artist interviews, news, musicals, etc.).
- Be a good communicator who can write in English at a Professional level or higher.
- Only write positive content and keep any critical opinions to yourself 🙂
- Put up with my constant references to “Tomorrow” by MIKA.
Other than those requirements, there are no deadlines to worry about and no required topics. This is a volunteer role, and I want you to feel like the independent director of your own content. In fact, your contributor page serves as a portfolio/mini-site of sorts that you can share with anyone or any site that you see fit.
To learn more or apply, fill out the contact form below! If you have social links, writing samples, or anything else to share, please include them in the Message box, but EXPERIENCE IS NOT NECESSARY for consideration. Keep in mind that we get a lot of submissions at certain times of the year, so it may be a few days before you hear back from us.
If it’s been a week, you can worry then. (And follow up with us at that time.) Tomorrow worry ’bout tomorrow 🙂
Hope to hear from you soon!
-Lindsey Flagg, Founding Editor