In Need of Enthusiastic Volunteer Blog Contributors
Are you interested in gaining real-world writing and WordPress experience while adding some bylines to your portfolio? Do you love music? If so, you may be a great fit to be a guest blogger/contributor for the Music to My Ears blog!
This opportunity is UNPAID, as this is a hobby blog. However, it offers these benefits and more:
- Your byline and bio will appear on any posts you write that I publish.
- You have the ability to write as little or as much as you want.
- You gain an instant audience of my blog subscribers as well as my LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter connections. That means you have the opportunity to have your content in front of over 1,000 people right away.
- When I share your post, I will give you a shoutout on LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter if you share your handles with me.
- You can say that you write for my blog on your resume and LinkedIn profile.
- I will provide you with a LinkedIn recommendation, a client review or a reference if needed. I’ll even send some LinkedIn endorsements your way if that’s your sort of thing.
- You gain real-world writing and WordPress experience!
- You get to write about something you’re passionate about.
There are only a couple of requirements to write for my blog:
- You have to write in English. The style doesn’t matter, because I will edit every post before publishing, but you must write well enough in English that I don’t have to change everything in your post. I won’t send you feedback (because I hate editor feedback), but if you WANT advice on improving your writing, let me know! EXPERIENCE IS NOT NECESSARY.
- You need to have super basic web editing skills. I just need you to be able to understand how to write a draft in WordPress and send it in for review. I can handle the rest. If you want to learn more…again, just let me know!
- You must write with a positive slant. I’ve been including subtle “cons” in my reviews lately, but all in all, you should write about music-related things that make you happy. I don’t want you coming on here to diss some artist or song. Everything should have an optimistic or positive bend to it whenever possible.
- You need to write about music. You can write reviews, discussions, opinion pieces, or informational articles about ANY music-related topic you choose. All songs, artists, instruments, bands and genres are open for posting! I even write about music-themed movies, so you are more than welcome to do that, as well.
- You must write at least one post. After that, you can write as much or little as you want.
If you think that this sounds like something you are interested in, contact us below! We love getting to know other music lovers and hope we get the chance to work together. You can also email MTMETeam@gmail.com with any resume, work samples, or ideas you have for the blog.